Compare local data for health conditions including diabetes, asthma, depression and high blood pressure
Since March 2020, the UK Government has announced a series of financial packages to local authorities to assist with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. This dashboard brings together the individual allocations of funding for each local authority in England, where information is available.
Select a local authority from the dropdown menu to see how much they were allocated for each fund.
If you would like to access this information in an alternative format please email email@example.com and we will review your request.
The funds included are:
- 11 March 2020: A £500 million ‘hardship fund’ for residents struggling to pay council tax bills. Government guidance was published on 24 March, and additional guidance on 16 April.
- 19 March 2020: £1.6 billion additional un-ringfenced funding.
- 18 April 2020: A second £1.6 billion of additional un-ringfenced funding.
- 15 May 2020: £600 million to support social care provision.
- 24 May 2020: £50 million via the Reopening High Streets Safely Fund.
- 24 May 2020: £150 million for new homes was allocated to local authorities on 29 October 2020. A further £105 million was made available to tackle homelessness on 24 June 2020.
- 29 May 2020: £222 million for active travel schemes, so that local authorities can produce cycling and walking schemes;
- 11 June 2020: A ‘local welfare assistance fund’ of £63 million;
- 11 June 2020: A £300 million fund announced for local authorities to support the Government’s test and trace service;
- 2 July 2020: A further £500 million of un-ringfenced funding;
- 8 October 2020: £30 million to support Covid-19 compliance and enforcement activities;
- 22 October 2020: A further £919 million of un-ringfenced funding. An additional £100 million fund to support “council leisure centres most in need” was also announced, with further details becoming available in mid-December;
- 8 November 2020: £170 million in the COVID Winter Grant Scheme to support the most vulnerable families and individuals, including with food support over school holidays;
- 11 November 2020: £1.1 billion from the Additional Restrictions Grant, brought in with the reintroduction of national restrictions;
- 10 December 2020: Over £480 million in the Contain Outbreak Management Fund for test, trace and containment activity to reduce the spread of coronavirus and support public health;
- 5 January 2021: £1.55 billion in un-ringfenced funding, plus £670 million to support local council tax support schemes;
- 15 January 2021: £149 million to be distributed to adult social care settings, to support rapid testing for social care workers;
- 25 January 2021: Over £23 million in the Community Champions scheme to expand Covid-19 communications with groups that are particularly at risk, aiming to boost take-up of vaccines;
- 29 January 2021: £120 million for the Workplace Capacity Fund for adult social care, helping local authorities to cope with workforce pressures in social care over the winter months.
This dashboard also includes data on business support grants. These are given to local authorities from the Government and distributed directly to local businesses, including the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grants, Small Business grants, and the Local Restrictions Support Grants.
It does not include support grants for which allocation data is not available at the time of writing. This includes the income compensation scheme for lost sales, fees and charges, and extra funding to support those who are extremely clinically vulnerable.