Motion to approve the Police Grant Report (England and Wales) 2024/25 on Wednesday 7 February 2024. This is how Parliament approves the central police funding allocation for each force every financial year.
The Library will produce a briefing or material for the second reading debate and this page will be updated when it is made available.
The second reading paper may be updated as the Bill goes through Parliament; alternatively additional papers will be added to this page to reflect the Bill’s progress.
- The Queen’s Speech and Queen’s Speech Government background briefing
- Strengthening police powers to tackle unauthorised encampments [Home Office consultation]
- Policing in the UK [Commons Library Briefing]
- Introduction to police powers [Commons Library Briefing]
- Tresspass to land [Commons Library Briefing]
Help for Members of Parliament and their staff
In addition to writing and updating published papers as bills go through Parliament, the House of Commons Library can assist Members of Parliament and their staff with individual enquiries about bills, particularly on the policy background.
The Public Bill Office (PBO) supports public bill committees. The staff working in the PBO can advise Members of Parliament on tabling amendments to bills and on the drafting of Private Members’ Bills.