To support the self-employed through the coronavirus outbreak the Government has introduced the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
The Library will produce a briefing or material for the second reading debate and this page will be updated when it is made available.
The second reading paper may be updated as the Bill goes through Parliament; alternatively additional papers will be added to this page to reflect the Bill’s progress.
- The Queen’s Speech and Queen’s Speech Government background paper, 19 December 2019
- National security and investment inquiry, House of Commons Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee, 2017-19
- Contested mergers and takeovers, Library Briefing, 17 October 2018
- National security and investment: proposed legislative reforms, DBEIS, July 2018 [White Paper]
- Government upgrades national security investment powers, DBEIS, July 2018 [Press Notice]
- National security and infrastructure investment review, DBEIS, October 2017 [Green Paper]
Help for Members of Parliament and their staff
In addition to writing and updating published papers as bills go through Parliament, the House of Commons Library can assist Members of Parliament and their staff with individual enquiries about bills, particularly on the policy background.
The Public Bill Office (PBO) supports public bill committees. The staff working in the PBO can advise Members of Parliament on tabling amendments to bills and on the drafting of Private Members’ Bills.
This paper collates data on the number of applications and total support provided under the UK Government coronavirus business support schemes. The attached excel spreadsheet allows users to view data by Parliamentary constituency.
An overview of the Government initiatives to support businesses through the coronavirus pandemic.