This paper provides brief information in response to some key questions regarding the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak on separated families, maintenance arrangements and access to children.
Download the full report
The paper is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any individual or family and suitably qualified legal advice should instead be sought.
The paper addresses:
- Can children move between the homes of separated parents?
- How should parents comply with a court-orders for contact?
- How are child maintenance payments impacted?
- Can I visit my child in care/residential home?
- My child contact centre is closed: What alternatives are being made?
- Where can I go for help and advice?
This is a fast-moving issue and the briefing should be read as correct at the time of publication.