What we know about applications to the scheme and grants of status as the scheme draws to its official close.
On Thursday 8 October a Backbench Business Debate on No Recourse to Public Funds will take place in Westminster Hall.
House of Commons Libray Briefings:
- Coronavirus: Universal Credit during the crisis pp21-22, 4 September 2020
Committee reports and Parliamentary questions and debates :
- Home Affairs Committee, Third Report: Home Office preparedness for Covid-19 (coronavirus): immigration and visas, Third Report of Session 2019–21, HC 362, published 15 June 2020
- Home Affairs Committee, Letter from the Minister for Immigration Compliance and the Courts to the Chair and the Chair of the Work and Pensions Committee on NRPF, dated 1 September 2020, published 3 September 2020
- Government Response to the Work and Pensions Committee’s report on DWP’s response to the coronavirus outbreak, published 8 September 2020 – paras 8-11 cover the Committee’s recommendations regarding people with no recourse to public funds and the Government’s response to them.
Other useful material
- Emergency funding to prevent homelessness, Scottish Government press release, 3 August 2020 – mentions calls from Scottish Government Ministers on the UK Government to reconsider its position on people with no recourse to public funds.
- Citizens Advice reveals nearly 1.4m have no access to welfare safety net, Citizens Advice press release, 26 June 2020
- Part of no recourse to public funds policy declared unlawful: full judgment out, Free Movement, 27 May 2020
This briefing is for members and their staff dealing with constituency casework related to the EU Settlement Scheme deadline.
Reactions to the New Plan for Immigration: updated reading list