This interactive dashboard brings together some of the key statistics for parliamentary constituencies. Select the constituency you are interested in and the dashboard will update.
Use the links under each heading to explore the data in more detail, or browse all our detailed dashboards and briefings.
Sources are provided below the dashboard.
If you would like to access this information in an alternative format please email email@example.com and we will review your request.
Click the ‘more detail’ link for any topic to be taken to a page with a data download. If you would like to access this data in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review your request.
We aim to update this dashboard as new data becomes available on each topic. The ‘published’ date at the top of this page updates monthly, but some more recent data may appear on the dashboard. Click the ‘more detail’ link to find out more about the update schedule for a specific topic. MPs and their staff can contact the Commons Library with queries about updates.
- Population: ONS, Parliament Constituency Mid-Year Population Estimates (Experimental Statistics); National Records of Scotland, UK Parliamentary Constituency Population Estimates; NISRA, 2016 Mid Year Population Estimates for Northern Ireland
- Area: ONS, Standard Area Measurements for electoral areas in the United Kingdom, 2018 (area to mean high water)
- Land use: CORINE Land Cover inventory, 2018
- Country of birth: ONS, 2021 Census, Table TS004; Commons Library calculations
- House prices: ONS, House price statistics for small areas
- Wages: ONS, Employee earnings in the UK
- People claiming unemployment benefit: ONS Nomis; DWP StatXplore; House of Commons Library calculations
- Universal Credit rollout: HMRC, ONS and DWP; see our Universal Credit dashboard for details
- School funding: DfE, Dedicated Schools Grant: Various Years and Schools Block Funding Allocations: Various Years; GDP Deflators: December 2019, HM Treasury
- Traffic accidents: DfT, Road accidents and safety statistics; labelled with the stats19 R package (Lovelace et al., 2019)
- Broadband coverage: Ofcom, Connected Nations reports and data